1 Loaf of good crusty Sourdough Bread
A knob of butter for frying
Enough Confit Rabbit to fill your Cubanos (toasted sandwich)
A handful off parsley
A sprig of sage (4 or 5 leaves per sandwich)
A handful of your favorite Grated Hard cheese (per sandwich)
A sheet of Aluminum Foil and a sheet of Baking Parchment per sandwich
1. Take a sheet of aluminum foil and lay a sheet of baking parchment on top
2. Fry two thick slices of sourdough bread in a generous knob of butter, giving it a good toast
3. Place one slice – crispy side down – on the foil/paper wrapper
4. Top the bread with a good amount of your Confit Rabbit, flaked off the bone
5. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and sage
6. Grate a sprinkle of lemon zest over the top and cover with grated hard cheese and a squeeze of juice from the lemon
7. Pop the top slice on and fold it all up into a parcel
8. Roast the sandwich in a hot oven (or over your fire) for 15 minutes.
I could give you a recipe for the Sourdough Loaf, but trust me it’s a pain in the neck to make – best buy it from a bakery.