Saddle of Roe Deer Venison
Venison Saddle, whole
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 tbsp Olive Oil
1. Season the venison saddle well with salt and pepper and olive oil
2. Slow cook at 200F for 2 hours (save any drippings as they can be combined with your venison trimmings and a little red wine to create a delicious Deer Gravy)
3. Finish by grilling over coals for 5 minutes until a really good colour is seen on the meat.
4. Rest in a warm place for 10 mins
5. Arrange it theatrically on a board, then carve the fillets off the saddle. Carve them into thin pink slices and serve with our favorite accompaniments: Onion Tarte Tatin, Dirty Mash, and a rich Deer Gravy (these recipes are here on our website).