Ingredients Venison Jerky
-5 lbs of Older Grainy Meat (old red deer).
- Ginger – thumb size
- 3 x Garlic cloves
- Handful of Salt
- Handful of Brown sugar
- Slosh of Red wine vinegar
- Splosh of Soya sauce
- Splosh of Maple Syrup
- Handful of Black Pepper
- Handful of Paprika
- Cut the meat evenly into strips across the grain of the muscle (IMPORTANT) so you can bite off chunks easily once cured.
- Make the marinade, by mixing the ingredients in the order of the list above.
- Then marinade the meat strips for 1 hour.
- Meat strips are put into a hot Traeger/oven 80 c / 176 f for 4 hours